Now might be time to download/install the Lyft app, available for free on Google Play. The company just announced on their blog that they’re officially launching Lyft in 24 new markets, bringing the grand total to 60 cities available that have access to Lyft’s ride-on-demand service.
To help celebrate Lyft’s biggest launch day ever, they’re giving away free — yes, free — rides for the next 2 weeks (April 24th, to May 8th) in these newly launched cities. To get started, simply download the Android app and enter in your credit card info (you’ll need a Facebook account to complete registration). A list of the cities new to Lyft (and offering free rides) can be found below.
- Albuquerque, N.M.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Buffalo and Rochester, N.Y.
- Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Fairfield County and New Haven, Conn.
- Fresno, Modesto and San Bernardino, Calif.
- Jacksonville, Fla.
- Kansas City, Mo.
- Lexington and Louisville, Ky.
- Lincoln and Omaha, Neb.
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Northern New Jersey
- Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Okla.
- Raleigh Durham, N.C.
- Spokane, Wash.
- Toledo, Ohio
- Virginia Beach, Va.
If you live outside of one of these areas, you’re still in a bit of luck. As part of a Spring promotion, Lyft is discounting rides even further than their initial 20%-off discount, to a whopping 30% off. Not only that, if you’re new to Lyft, you can still score a free ride (up to $25) by simply entering in the code: 95KCD3 in the “payment” section of the app. For a full list of currently available cities, head here. Enjoy!
Download on Google Play: Lyft
- Lyft Line brings carpooling to their ride sharing service
- DROID Turbo battery life test (Day 1)
- Virginia police can order you unlock a phone with your fingerprint
- Google Play now available on Roku