We’d be lying if we said we didn’t think HTC would create a couple of spin-off devices based on the newly-announced HTC One M8. Rumors are already getting started, though, with @evleaks suggesting the HTC One M8 Mini is already in the works.
The “Mini” fad is one that seems to have exploded in popularity with all major manufacturers, though it hasn’t been without its pitfalls. For starters, “mini” usually means beefy internals are compromised for a more attractive price tag. It also doesn’t help that the “mini” versions of these phones are still often quite large (we could barely tell the difference between the original HTC One and HTC One Mini).
We long for the moment when one of these OEMs break the status quo and bring us a mini device that’s as powerful as the flagship. Sony was one of the first to do this with the Xperia Z1 Compact, and Motorola’s DROID Mini wasn’t terrible alongside the rest of the devices in that family, but that’s not nearly enough to satiate us.
The spin-off train might not stop there, though, with the same leakster teasing an “ HTC One M8 Ace,” as well. There’s no telling what this device would be in terms of specs or size, but the last time a company brought out a device with “Ace” in its name we wanted nothing to do with it. Take that for what you will.
- Moto X (2014), HTC One M8 bend test [VIDEO]
- HTC creating camera accessory?
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One M8 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One M8, HTC One M8 Ace, HTC One M8 Mini