Developers, developers, developers. They’re what makes the technology world go ’round and they’re what’s made Android the most fantastic mobile operating system on the planet. Without the amazing developer community – from indie devs plucking away keys in their basement to the devs at startups and newly enshrined fortune 500 companies writing line after line in the valley – Android would be nothing without them. And let’s not forget the amazing rooting and modding community.
This next Google Glass invite goes to one of these developers. If you’re one of them, thanks for everything you’ve done! We know that only one developer will be rewarded with a Glass Invite but we hope in some small way this illustrates our appreciation to the development community. And if you have a particular fondness for a developer, feel free to nominate them in the comments. It’s really easy.
And oh yeah… keep in mind our Photoshop Contest is still open!
Day 6 Contest: Developer Appreciation!
The only way you can win our Day 6 contest is to have an app on the Google Play Store. Here’s how it goes:
- Enter yourself or nominate an Android developer by commenting on this article with a link to one of their apps in the Google Play Store
- Tell the Phandroid community why you’re entering and/or nominating another developer. Do you love their app or game? How do they help push the Android community forward?
- Entries will be accepted until November 6th, 2013 at 11:59pm Eastern
- We’ll randomly select one entry from among our favorites to win the Google Glass Invite
- Winner will be announced on November 7th, 2013 on Phandroid.com
- Winner will be contacted through the contact information provided in their Google Play Store account
- Winner may NOT provide an alternate e-mail address to submit for Google Glass invite unless otherwise noted or agreed upon by Phandroid staff
If you cannot afford $1,500 for Google Glass or are an International Participant you are still eligible. In the event you win, we’ll substitute the Glass Invite with a $50 Google Play Gift Card and donate your invite to one random Android Forums member from this thread.
The Great American Glass Contest
We’re giving away 9 Glass invites in 9 days and you don’t want to miss an opportunity to score big… so check out our schedule below to see which contests are still open!
- Day 1: Nexus 5 Forum Frenzy (CLOSED)
- Day 2: Rafflecopter #1 (CLOSED)
- Day 3: Photoshop contest (OPEN until Nov 6th)
- Day 4: #GlassPhan contest (CLOSED)
- Day 5: Rafflecopter #2 (OPEN until Nov 7th)
- Day 6: Developer Appreciation Contests (OPEN until Nov 7th)
- Day 7: On your mark. Get set… (tba)
- Day 8: Mystery Word Hunt (tba)
- Day 9: AF Staff Appreciation (tba)
Follow these Google+ accounts to get an early heads up when contest posts will soon be going live and additional hints at how to improve your chances of winning.
Contest Rules & Requirements
- Must be 18+ or older
- International applicants and those unwilling or unable to spend $1,500 can still enter to win, but their Glass Invite will be substituted with a $50 Google Play Store gift card and their Glass invite donated to a random established forum member from this thread.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must be a US resident.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a US shipping address.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a valid E-Mail address directly associated with contest entry.
- Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the winning notification e-mail. If staff have not received a response and/or proper Glass Invite submission information furnished within 24 hours, Phandroid staff may elect to disqualify this entrant and name another winner
- Winners must prove that the E-Mail address provided for submission to the Glass Invite system is owned and maintained by the winner. Transfer or Sale of winning invite is not authorized and any attempt to do so will result in disqualification.
Contest Terms of Service:
- Contest winners are not guaranteed Google Glass hardware, they are only guaranteed that Phandroid staff will submit the furnished E-Mail address to Google’s automated invite system for current Google Glass Explorers.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand agree that Phandroid is only responsible for submitting the winners e-mail address through the Google Glass Invite system and beyond this measure, no promises or guarantees can or will be made.
- In the event that Google removes, changes, edits, disqualifies, limits, or in any way alters their Glass Invite process to prevent Phandroid.com from submitting invites or fulfilling invites, entrants shall hold Phandroid.com and Neverstill Media harmless
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify entrants at sole discretion of Phandroid staff, for reasons including but not limited to: attempting to “game” the contest, spamming contest posts/threads, creating multiple accounts, demeaning or trolling competing entries, using automated systems to improve chances, etc…
- By entering this promotion, participants agree, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, to release, discharge and hold harmless Neverstill Media, its affiliates, respective owners, and representatives from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which may arise out of participation in this promotion or out of the acceptance, use, or misuse of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges whose decisions shall be deemed final and binding.
- Google Glass Enterprise Edition targets fall 2015 soft launch
- Details on new Google Glass build surface
- Next-gen Google Glass spotted at the FCC
- Google could be working on a family of Glass products
TAGS: Google Glass