Our Great American Glass Contest has yielded its first winner – Lester Dedrick – who was the random winner from yesterday’s Rafflcopter Contest. Today’s contest requires a bit more creativity so it’ll last a little bit longer… but it’s going to be fun.
Day 3 Contest: Photoshop Glass on a Cartoon
- Find a picture of Google Glass on Google Images
- Find a picture of a celebrity, cartoon, politician, or other character
- Edit the picture (“Photoshop”) so the character is wearing, interacting, or thinking about Google Glass
- Add a caption, speech bubble, or thought cloud for added effect
- Post your image on this thread
- Unlimited entires allowed. Each image counts as a separate entry.
- Your goal should be to illicit emotion from the viewer. Whether it’s “OMG” or “LOL”, we’ll pick a handful of our favorites, from which we’ll randomly select one winner.
- Entries accepted until Wednesday, November 6th at 11:59PM
- Winner will be announced on Thursday, November 7th at Phandroid.com
If you cannot afford $1,500 for Google Glass or are an International Participant you are still eligible. In the event you win, we’ll substitute the Glass Invite with a $50 Google Play Gift Card and donate your invite to one random Android Forums member from this thread.
The Great American Glass Contest
We’re giving away 9 Glass invites in 9 days and you don’t want to miss an opportunity to score big… so check out our schedule below to see which contests are still open!
- Day 1: Nexus 5 Forum Frenzy (OPEN through Nov 4th)
- Day 2: Rafflecopter #1 (CLOSED)
- Day 3: Photoshop contest (OPEN until Nov 6th)
- Day 4: #GlassPhan contest (tba)
- Day 5: Rafflecopter #2 (tba)
- Day 6: Developer Appreciation Contests (tba)
- Day 7: On your mark. Get set… (tba)
- Day 8: Mystery Word Hunt (tba)
- Day 9: AF Staff Appreciation (tba)
Follow these Google+ accounts to get an early heads up when contest posts will soon be going live and additional hints at how to improve your chances of winning.
Contest Rules & Requirements
- Must be 18+ or older
- International applicants and those unwilling or unable to spend $1,500 can still enter to win, but their Glass Invite will be substituted with a $50 Google Play Store gift card and their Glass invite donated to a random established forum member from this thread.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must be a US resident.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a US shipping address.
- To receive Glass invite, winners must provide a valid E-Mail address directly associated with contest entry.
- Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the winning notification e-mail. If staff have not received a response and/or proper Glass Invite submission information furnished within 24 hours, Phandroid staff may elect to disqualify this entrant and name another winner
- Winners must prove that the E-Mail address provided for submission to the Glass Invite system is owned and maintained by the winner. Transfer or Sale of winning invite is not authorized and any attempt to do so will result in disqualification.
Contest Terms of Service:
- Contest winners are not guaranteed Google Glass hardware, they are only guaranteed that Phandroid staff will submit the furnished E-Mail address to Google’s automated invite system for current Google Glass Explorers.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand agree that Phandroid is only responsible for submitting the winners e-mail address through the Google Glass Invite system and beyond this measure, no promises or guarantees can or will be made.
- In the event that Google removes, changes, edits, disqualifies, limits, or in any way alters their Glass Invite process to prevent Phandroid.com from submitting invites or fulfilling invites, entrants shall hold Phandroid.com and Neverstill Media harmless
- Phandroid reserves the right to disqualify entrants at sole discretion of Phandroid staff, for reasons including but not limited to: attempting to “game” the contest, spamming contest posts/threads, creating multiple accounts, demeaning or trolling competing entries, using automated systems to improve chances, etc…
- By entering this promotion, participants agree, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, to release, discharge and hold harmless Neverstill Media, its affiliates, respective owners, and representatives from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses which may arise out of participation in this promotion or out of the acceptance, use, or misuse of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges whose decisions shall be deemed final and binding.
- Next-gen Google Glass spotted at the FCC
- Google could be working on a family of Glass products
- Google Glass 2 is coming soon, already plans for version 3
- Google Glass isn't dead, dammit
TAGS: Google Glass