As is being reported by users over at AndroidForums, Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is seeing a large update as of today that moves the phone’s Android version to 4.1.2. That’s the marquee change, but software version I605VRAMC3 includes plenty more.
Email, calendar, and the alarm clock have been tweaked to address common issues, Group Cast is now Group Play, and multi-window mode now supports even more apps. These include YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps, and Talk.
The update weighs in at 246MB in size and should be making its way out to all handsets badged with a Verizon logo on the home button soon. Have you received it? Drop by AndroidForums to jump in on the discussion or sound off in the comments below.
- Hands-on: Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- Google Play Services 7.0 details
- Hands-on: LG Watch Urbane
- Galaxy S6’s OIS vs. the iPhone 6
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.