Though up for pre-order as an unlocked option, news about carrier partnerships for the Sony Xperia ZL has been scarce. Today, Cincinnati Bell has announced that it will be the first US carrier to offer the phone with subsidized pricing. While the carrier is asking $250 for the phone along with a signature on a new two-year contract, it sure beats the $760 Sony is asking up front.
As a refresher, the Sony Xperia ZL features a 1080p 5-inch display, 13MP camera,Snapdragon S4 quad-core processing, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Availability begins May 1st. There is currently no word if any other carriers plan to stock the handset.
- More Sony devices get KitKat
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Cincinnati Bell now offering the Sony Xperia
- Sony gives update on Android 4.3 and Android
- Check out the Sony Xperia ZL forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Cincinnati Bell, Sony Xperia ZL