Though early backers won’t have their consoles until later this month, those in the developer program might notice a bit more activity than usual in the OUYA Shop. Those working tirelessly to bring their content to OUYA have been given the go ahead to begin uploading games. It’s all part of an effort to make sure there is plenty available for new owners come launch day.
One way to encourage devs to put the finishing touches on their games and get them up for download comes in the form of a contest. OUYA is going to feature the top three developers (based on the first 6 weeks of availability) in a series of short documentaries.
The success of OUYA greatly depends on the content available. If the console comes up short on dev support, users will have little incentive to move away from gaming on a traditional console or mobile device. So far the community support for OUYA has been overwhelming, so we expect big things come launch day.
- OUYA All Access game pass revealed
- Madcatz MOJO to get OUYA software update
- Ouya updated with 16GB storage, revised contr
- Is OUYA in trouble? Original founder and VP o
- Check out the OUYA forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.