Samsung today announced the Galaxy Grand, an Android 4.1.2 smartphone that looks right at home with the handset maker’s Galaxy Note lineup. The Galaxy Grand features a 5-inch TFT display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, and 8MP rear camera while staying true to the design language introduced with the Galaxy S3 and continued with the Galaxy Note 2.
The Galaxy Grand ships with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and gets such enhanced features as Popup Play for picture-in-picture video viewing as well as S Voice and enhanced gesture support. The phone will first be available as the dual-SIM GT-I9082 followed by a standard single SIM GT-I9080.
Samsung did not detail availability, but the Galaxy Grand will likely hit inter nation markets before (or if) it ever reaches the US. Based on specs, the Grand appears to be targeted towards folks looking for a large display experience but not ready to go all out with the Galaxy Note 2 (the Grand’s spec list reads like that of an upgraded version of the original Note). Unfortunately, it appears no S Pen support is included.
- Dropbox for Android can now export files to SD cards
- Good2Go is a consensual sex app for Android
- Nexus 6 wood carved mockup sized against Nexus 4 and 7
- Verizon offers double data deal
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Grand forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Grand