Samsung’s Android-powered Galaxy Camera will hit UK retailers this week. First unveiled at IFA in Berlin earlier this year, the Android 4.1 point-and-shoot will go on sale November 7th. Samsung will celebrate the 5PM launch of the smart camera with champagne receptions at their flagship stores. The device will also be available from Carphone Warehouse, Phones 4u, and Jessops. Retailer Clove has confirmed the device will be available from November 8th for £399.00 after VAT.
The Galaxy Camera boasts all the power of Samsung’s flagship series of smartphones, including a 1.4GHz quad-core processor and 8GB of internal storage. The cellular radios are dropped, while the image element is, naturally, enhanced. The Galaxy Camera boasts a 16.3MP array with 21x optical zoom and f2.8 lens.
Samsung did not announce plans for a US launch, but the Galaxy Camera is expected to be available from AT&T later this year.
- Ubuntu Touch OS launching Oct. 17, ready for
- Samsung to introduce Android-based mirrorless
- Samsung announces WiFi-only Galaxy Camera ava
- WiFi-only Samsung Galaxy Camera revealed
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Camera forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.