Earlier today, we’d learned that test versions of Verizon’s Jelly Bean ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus were leaked online. That build required users who were rooted with custom ROMs to revert to stock IMM76K, update to stock IMM76Q, and update using the stock recovery. Fortunately, all those steps have been negated with a flashable pre-rooted JRO03O build made available by P3Droid.
Alongside that, the new radios for the device have also been made available as a separate download in case you want to use the latest without having to be on this build.Those who are rooted and flash custom ROMs should already know how to flash these things, but in case you need some help we’ve included instructions below. [via Droid-Life]
*If you only want the new radios from this Jelly Bean build, you can find them here.
1. Download the file from above onto your phone’s storage.
2. Reboot into recovery and make a backup.
3. You should probably wipe data and cache at this point.
4. Then “install zip from sdcard” and find the file you just downloaded.
5. Watch it install, reboot, and enjoy.
If you run into any issues, be sure to let us know in the comments. And again, be sure to make a backup first.
- Kevin's Farewell
- Ubuntu Touch dropping support for Galaxy Nexu
- SMS exploit can remotely reboot Nexus handset
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
TAGS: Galaxy Nexus