LG could be getting ready to drop a monster of a device if recent rumors are to be believed. AsiaToday has claimed to have heard of one “ LG Optimus G,” a superphone that would rival the likes of Samsung’s Galaxy S3.
It’s said to feature LTE with VoLTE capabilities, a 4.7 inch TrueHD IPS display, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, and a quad-core SoC of unknown variety. Naturally we’d guess Tegra 3 or Qualcomm’s quad-core S4, but anything’s liable to be inside that beast.
For software, LG’s bringing their latest Optimus UI atop a healthy helping of Ice Cream Sandwich. So are we slated to see this thing at IFA? We can’t say for sure.
LG will definitely be at IFA for a few different areas of their electronics business, but it’s possible they could be leaving this phone behind until a later date. But we’re keeping our fingers crossed that they’ll add on to the already exciting showing we expect to see in Berlin starting August 31st. [via PocketDroid]
- Official: LG bootloader unlock solution coming soon
- LG Optimus G getting KitKat this summer
- LG plans New York City event for August 7th,
- AT&T’s LG Optimus G seeing update
- Check out the LG Optimus G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus G