Sony’s recently launch Xperia Ion for AT&T has reached a new milestone thanks to the word of XDA member yuunanase. The device can now be rooted, and reports are that the process is simple and pain free. It only requires a bootloader unlock and a modified kernel. Upon running a script and downloading a few companion apps, superuser access is granted. Few things could make the process simpler.
Achieving root is the first step in opening up development on a device, which includes the potential to install modified or custom built software ROMs. Ion owners looking for the full scoop can hit up the source below for more details.
[via XDA Developers]
- Jelly Bean updates: Sony Xperia Z receives 4.
- Sony begins Jelly Bean rollout for Xperia P,
- Sony releases AOSP for the Xperia Z, news reg
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Check out the Sony Xperia Ion forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia Ion