While they won’t get to enjoy the vastly improved hardware of the Samsung Galaxy S III soon launching in Canada, owners of the Galaxy S II on Rogers are receiving a bit of a consolation prize in the form of Ice Cream Sandwich. The update has been made available via Samsung Kies and brings the phone to Android 4.0.4, providing an OS overhaul that brings about features such as improved multi-tasking and data management as well as what should be a boost in performance. You still have TouchWiz masking a true Holo-themed experience, but that’s nothing GS2 owners aren’t already accustomed to. Any users from the Great White North go through with the install process yet?
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2