A new report from BGR claims to have the inside track on Verizon’s summer and fall device roadmap, the highlight of which could launch as a direct competitor to the Samsung Galaxy Note. HTC is said to be on target to release a 5-inch smartphone with Scribe pen (as first seen with the HTC Flyer) this fall. It would feature a 1080p HD display (non-PenTile), quad-core Krait CPU with Adreno 320 graphics, and HTC Sense 5. It’s still early, but if those specs hold up they will be just about the most impressive we have seen on a smartphone to date.
Other revelations from the Verizon roadmap include the pending release of the Galaxy S3 during the summer (after Verizon opted not to carry the GSII in favor of the Galaxy Nexus) and “multiple” Motorola RAZR devices. This should include the RAZR HD. Not surprising is the release of the next-gen iPhone in the fall.
The roadmap gives us a good idea of what flagship devices we can expect, but doesn’t offer much in the way of minor handset releases. Verizon should have a few new Android smartphones coming out soon, including the HTC Incredible 4G.
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- KitKat rollout for Droid RAZR HD and RAZR M
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- Check out the HTC Droid Incredible 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola RAZR HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.