The update to Ice Cream Sandwich just started rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S II last week and has yet to reach users in many regions, but the build’s code can now be found at Samsung’s open source portal. The release won’t be immediately useful for those looking to get Android 4.0 on their Galaxy S II right now, but it will make it a heck of a lot easier for the dev community to create custom software builds based on the latest version of Android.
To download a ZIP file containing all the necessary bits and pieces head to the source link below. You will need to do a search by model number to pull up the Galaxy S II (GT-I9100).
[via Samsung Open Source Release Center | Thanks Hollow.Droid]
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II