If a since-deleted tweet is any indication, Korea’s SK Telecom will be pushing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to the Samsung Galaxy S II starting tomorrow, March 13th. The carrier went so far as to name the specific time the update will go live (10AM local time). All indications are that the rollout is still on for the date and time announced despite the removal of the original tweet. The Verge speculates that perhaps Samsung didn’t want SK Telecom stealing their thunder with the announcement. More pessimistic folk might say that a last minute bug has pushed back the release of the long awaited update.
When the update might reach other countries and carriers is still up in the air, but Galaxy S II owners will want to pay attention to SK Telecom and Samsung Mobile. Once ICS gets rolling it’s only a matter of time before it reaches owners everywhere.
[via The Verge]
- Ice Cream Sandwich hitting T-Mobile Samsung G
- New Magenta Deal Days coming next weekend
- Samsung pushing Android 4.0 update to Galaxy
- Galaxy S II receives Ice Cream Sandwich in Au
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S II forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S II