If you’re currently a T-Mobile Sidekick 4G users I have some good news and I have bad news. Let’s start off with the good. An OTA update is headed your way in the form of software update T849UVKJ2 and has begun rolling out yesterday. Now are you ready for the bad news? Just like the last update, this one will not be delivering the Gingerbread update you’ve been waiting for.
Features from the T849UVKJ2 update include the ability to turn off the optical trackpad on the Sidekick, although I’m not sure why you’d want to. Other improvements include device stability and a handful of bug fixes. If you haven’t been prompted yet, you can jump on over to your Settings > About Phone to pull the update manually. Let us know if/when you receive it in the comments. Good luck!
- So long, Sidekick 4G (and hope for a replacem
- T-Mobile Goes Through the Evolution of SideKi
- Death Comes For The Sidekick 4G – T-Mob
- T-Mobile discontinues Android-powered Sidekic
- Check out the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile SideKick 4G