We’ve just received word that the Toshiba Thrive has received the upgrade to Android 3.2 that was promised back in October. It’s build 22.214.171.124.5.0002 and it brings with it the following major changes:
- Enables an improved compatibility mode enhancing the way applications originally designed for smaller screen devices appear and function on the larger tablet display.
- Improves screen rotation acceleration.
- Adds extended screen support API, giving developers more precise control over the user interface across a range of Android-powered devices.
Unfortunately, we’re also hearing that this may break and block the root method that was found earlier on. We’d say hold off for now and wait until the development community gets its hands on it. Head to the source link for instructions on how to upgrade if rooting is no concern of yours. [Toshiba, Thanks Randall!]
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Check out the Toshiba Thrive forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Toshiba Thrive