The last carrier to announce their plans for availability and pricing for the Galaxy S II, T-Mobile, have done just that in an announcement today (which they teased they’d be making on Twitter earlier). The Galaxy S II has been dated for October 12th and users can by the devices for $230 on a new two-year agreement.
As you know, T-Mobile’s version doesn’t have the dual-core Exynos processor we were all hoping it’d have. Instead, they delivered a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. The reason they went this route was to be able to offer consumers HSPA+ 42mbps instead of just 21mbps.
Other than that, it’s business as usual here as it has a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED Plus display, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, an 8 megapixel 1080p HD camera with a front-facing camera, Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (TouchWiz 4 is on top of that) and a ton more. T-Mobile’s version also adds an NFC chip, something Sprint’s version was notably missing. Presales begin October 10th.
- Boost Mobile Announces Samsung Galaxy S2 4G A
- White Samsung Galaxy S II’s Now Availab
- T-Mobile’s White Samsung Galaxy S II No
- T-Mobile Galaxy S II Software Upgrade Goes Ou
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S2 4G