Looks like this dark, ugly chapter in the Nexus S novel is finally coming to an end. The voice search bug we first reported on (that would erroneously activate the application intermittently while the user is using other apps) frustrated a lot of users, but Google finally promised a fix would be here soon.
Well, it’s Friday and Google has mentioned that the update is now rolling out. All users won’t see it right away, of course, as some carriers will have to test and approve it first (this one’s actually coming in the form of a minor Android OS update 2.3.6).
Some Canadian users who have the device through their carrier are also beginning to receive it, but no word on other regions. Look for Android 2.3.6. Baseband I9020AUCKF1. Build Number GRK39C. [Google]
- Why NASA chose the Nexus S for SmartSPHERES
- Check out this video of webOS running as an A
- End of the road for Motorola Xoom and Nexus S
- Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and Motorola Xoom WiFi
- Check out the Nexus S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus S