Today Sprint is picking up the beans that were spilled earlier this month, officially announcing the Motorola Titanium for a July 24th release. As its name implies, the Titanium is built tough to withstand the elements, earning the 810G military-spec standard. Along with Android 2.1 and a full QWERTY keyboard, the Titanium also features push-to-talk functionality via Nextel Direct Connect. It can be had for $150 on a two-year contract (and after a $100 mail-in rebate). Full presser below.
Motorola Titanium, First Android 2.1 Smartphone with Best-in-Class Nextel Direct Connect, Available Beginning July 24 for $149.99
Motorola Titanium™, America’s first Android 2.1 (Éclair) smartphone with best-in-class Nextel Direct Connect™ for Push-to-Talk, goes on sale in Sprint Stores, online at www.sprint.com, Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint Business Sales beginning Sunday, July 24, for $149.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement, after $100 mail-in rebate.
As the successor to the popular Motorola i1 launched by Sprint in 2010, Motorola Titanium is sleek and attractive, yet durable. It features a full QWERTY keyboard and 3.1-inch touchscreen display for a feature-rich, business-class experience. Built military-grade tough, Motorola Titanium is designed to meet Military Specification 810G for dust, shock, vibration, low pressure, solar radiation, high temperature and low temperature.
Additional key features of Motorola Titanium include:
• Support for Nextel Direct Connect Services, including Direct Connect, Group Connect®, International Direct Connect®, DirectSendSM, Group Messaging and NextMail®
• Android Market™ for access to more than 200,000 applications, widgets and games available for download
• Google™ mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Talk™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar™ and YouTube™
• Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®) and personal (POP3 & IMAP) email, calendar and contacts
• 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with camcorder, 4x zoom and LED flash
• Wi-Fi b/g/n
• Stereo Bluetooth®
• GPS navigation
• microSD slot, with a 2GB memory card included, supporting up to 32GB
• 1820 mAh Lithium-ion battery
With more than 17 years of expertise, Sprint is the industry leader in Push-to-Talk, serving the world’s largest Push-to-Talk community with millions of Nextel Direct Connect subscribers on the fastest national Push-to-Talk network. Nextel Direct Connect has set the industry standard for Push-to-Talk worldwide. More U.S. workers communicate in less than a second with Nextel Direct Connect than with any other Push-to-Talk service.