Its official. Following the tweet of their rather easy puzzle, T-Mobile is officially announcing the release of the Mytouch 4G Slide. Packing a dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, Android 2.3 and Sense 3.0, the only thing left out was the amount of RAM installed. What’s interesting to see is the main focus of the device seems to be the inclusion of some kind of new 8MP camera and sensor capable of almost zero shutter lag and backside illuminated sensor. I guess that’s where the code name “DoubleShot” came from. Here are some more details from the press release:
Improved low-light Performance: with a backside illuminated sensor and a wide aperture lens (f/2.2)
- Zero shutter lag: innovative software features allow for an instantaneous shot at that precise moment
- SweepShot™: for capturing panoramic shots by sweeping across an entire scene in a single motion
- ClearShot™ HDR: for capturing objects in bright settings so your photos are not affected by high-contrast lighting
- BurstShot™: for capturing multiple photos in a quick burst so you don’t miss the perfect photo
HTC is notorious for their poor camera quality and its a surprising to see this marketed as more of an “advanced camera phone.” The device will be available this July for $200 (after $50 mail-in rebate) with a 2 year agreement and comes in 2 colors, both black and khaki. T-Mobile also provided this quick promo video to get your Android juices flowing.
What do you guys think? Anyone picking this one up when it launches in July?
- Best Buy’s Deal of the Day is a Free My
- HTCDev.com Adds Unlock Support for T-Mobile M
- HTC Evo View 4G and Mytouch 4G Slide Now Offi
- T-Mobile Android Lineup vs iPhone Offering Co
- Check out the T-Mobile Mytouch 4G Slide forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.