Though no official word has gone out on the status of the Gingerbread update for the US lineup of Galaxy S phones, a leak of not one, but two builds of the Android 2.3.3 firmware for the Samsung Captivate suggests it might not be far off. Build number UCKE3 and UCKF1 are dated May 26th and June 8th, respectively, and come courtesy of SamFirmware. These come as the first official builds of the latest version of Android for smartphones for any of the US variants of the Galaxy S, though the international model has already seen the update in some regions. When the update could become official in the States is anyone’s guess.
- New Gingerbread Leak for the Samsung Captivat
- Rogers Samsung Captivate Users Reportedly Rec
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Leaked For The Sams
- CyanogenMod 7 comes to a handful of new Samsu
- Check out the Samsung Captivate forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Captivate