Can you believe that these news bites are the leftovers from Memorial Day weekend? I hope you guys all had a good one whether you were with friends, family or none of the above. The news has been piling up and mostly all of it has been worthy of being on our front page. These few bits of news didn’t make it unfortunately, but they’re no less worthy of a quick look. Being the hypochondriac that I am, I particularly enjoyed reading that my phone is trying to slowly kill me. So, go on. Take that quick look… you know you want to.
- New T-Mobile 4G data plans available contract free for pre-paid customers
- Cell phones could be causing brain cancer new study shows. [WSJ]
- HTC Merge now available from US Cellular. Still no Verizon version in sight.
- Zinio comes to Android tablets giving you 24 magazine issues for FREE.
- SlingPlayer for Google TV gets teased and explained on video. [YouTube]
- Google Offers officially launching in Portland Oregon tomorrow. Get your Nexus S ready.
- Acer bringing Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread to Liquid Mini’s in a variety of new colors for the UK. [CnetUK]
- Canadian Samsung Galaxy Apollos on Telus receives Android 2.2 OTA. [Mobile Syrup]
- Spacetime Studios makers of PocketLegends, releases teaser site for upcoming Sci-Fi 3D MMORPG. [DroidGamers]
- T-Mobile scheduling a Father’s Day smartphone bash for June 18th. [TMoNews]
- Verizon is offering the HTC Thunderbolt for $99.99 as part of an invitation-only sale through June 12. [DroidLife]
- MSI debuted the Windpad 100A with its 10.1-inch screen and dual-core processor.
- The Samsung Galaxy S II has become the fastest-selling smartphone in Korea. [Electronista]
- Hauwei says they are planning a 3.7 inch high-end handset for later this year.
- The Hauwei Ascend X will be Cincinnati Bell’s high-end 4G phone.