Another analyst is chiming in to give his take on sales of the Motorola XOOM, and Trip Chowdry of Global Equities outlook is dire. By his number, Motorola has produced between 500,000 and 800,000 and only sold 5 to 15 percent of them. At best, Chowdry believes only 120,000 of the Honeycomb tablet have been sold. Previous reports had the XOOM at 300,000 units this quarter. Motorola projected sales of 3 to 5 million XOOMs this year. Official figures aren’t in, but the numbers aren’t adding up.
It gets worse: in the worst possible scenario Chowdry puts XOOM sales at a mere 25,000, a number easily achieved by the iPad 2 in a fraction of a day. A wide range — 120,000 to 25,000 — to say the least. The reality of it should come clear Thursday when Motorola reports their earnings.
- People still use the Motorola Xoom? Android 4
- Android devices rank high on iFixit’s t
- Motorola DROID Xyboard, XOOM 2 WiFi, and XOOM
- Jelly Bean factory image now available for Ve
- Check out the Motorola XOOM forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola XOOM