When T-Mobile first announced their HSPA+ network they would only go so far as to say that it offered “near 4G” speeds. Fast-forward a few months and the latest news is indicating the company indeed will start marketing their speedier network as 4G. So when the newest phone in the T-Mobile myTouch lineup was announced, it was interesting to note that the company did not give the name a suffix as expected. No, they didn’t call it the myTouch HD, but they didn’t say that it would be called the myTouch either. Rather, they simply announced a new myTouch phone.
Now reports are coming in suggesting that the new 4G branding of TMo’s HSPA+ network may find its way to the latest handset. Rumor has it that the new phone will launch as the T-Mobile myTouch 4G. Not a bad angle considering the popularity of the Sprint Epic 4G and EVO 4G and the immediate association those names have with high-end, high-quality Android devices. Still, T-Mobile is yet to confirm the name either way. Not bad if you ask me, but what do you all think?
- T-Mobile’s new Huawei-manufactured myTouch
- T-Mobile Officially Announces myTouch and myT
- Get a Look at the Four Shades of the T-Mobile
- T-Mobile myTouch (HD) Gets a Fact Sheet, T-Mo
- Check out the T-Mobile myTouch forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile myTouch