Just as leaked documents suggested earlier in the week, Verizon has officially announced the arrival of pre-paid data plans for their 3G devices, including BlackBerry and Android smartphones. The new deal provides unlimited data at a contract-free rate of $30 per month. For feature phones they are also making available a $10/25 MB per month plan.
The list of devices covers every Android device on VZW, if I’m not mistaken. The Droids 1, 2, X, Eris, and Incredible are all eligible, as well as the LG Ally and Motorola Devour. No mention is made of the Samsung Fascinate, though the same leaked information that originally brought wind of this news mentions it among devices that are available for the plan.
The new rates are available today at Verizon stores and will be making their way to online purchases on September 28th. $30 a month for unlimited isn’t bad considering there is no contract involved, but the lumps of cash required to purchase one of the above devices from Verizon sans commitment isn’t exactly reeling in the savings.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Devour forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.