If you are one of the unfortunate HTC Droid Incredible owners who seems to be stuck at the back of the line waiting for your update to Froyo, fear not. The official update.zip file has been secured and can be manually installed right this minute if you are running a stock, non-root Incredible. No more fussing or waiting, how’s that? The method used requires you to boot into recovery mode, a pretty standard process for a manual update. The file can be grabbed straight from Google’s servers so there is no doubt it is legit, and unless you are terrible at following directions your phone should emerge unscathed and freshly Froyo’d.
Now let’s get down to it!
- Download the update.zip file from this mirror or directly from Google. Rename the file update.zip if necessary (make sure it doesn’t get named as update.zip.ZIP).
- Transfer the file to your SD card’s root directory.
- Power down your handset.
- Hold the Volume Down key while powering up the phone to enter HBOOT mode.
- Navigate to “RECOVERY” using the volume buttons and press Power to select it.
- When the triangle with an exclamation mark inside appears, hold down Volume Up and Power at the same time.
- Navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” using the volume buttons and select it with the Power button.
- Your Incredible will apply the update and then reboot.
And that’s it. Welcome to the world of Froyo!
TAGS: HTC Droid Incredible , Resources