Reports came in a few days back that the Sprint HTC Hero – recently updated to Android 2.1 – was rooted. While we didn’t report on the breakthrough by the development community over at XDA back when the exploit first made its way to the surface, we feel the need to report on the fact that Sprint and HTC patched those holes up quicker than you can say “how do I boot into recovery?”.
Over the weekend, a quick update was pushed to devices over-the-air that “fixed” what HTC would likely call a “security vulnerability” issue. The OTA is optional, of course, so make sure you don’t accept it if you want to keep your root.
- [Update] Sprint HTC Hero Users: Your Time Has
- May 21 Now Being Heralded For Sprint’s
- Sprint HTC Hero Getting 2.1 Update May 7th? B
- Swing And A Miss: Sprint’s Rumored 2.1
- Check out the Sprint HTC Hero forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sprint HTC Hero