Just a few moments ago on their UK blog, LG announced officially what they are describing as the big brother to the InTouch Max, the LG LU2300. With the blog post LG is promising to take Android to the next level on the new handset with a device on par with the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and the HTC Legend. Those comparison may be setting a bit of a low standard compared to the upcoming HTC Incredible and EVO 4G, but the reiterated specs do show a phone that has a boat load of potential.
The LU2300 will come with Android 2.1 installed and improves on the InTouch Max’s resistive touchscreen by incorporating a 3.5″ AMOLED display. The highlighted specs:
- Android 2.1
- 3.5inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
- 4 line landcape slide QWERTY keyboard
- DivX support
- DMB Tuner
- 5 megapixel camera complete with geo-tagging
They are emphasizing augmented reality with this new Android, and will be shipping the device with several AR apps installed. The unit is due out in Korea in (late) April or May, and depending on response could get a wider release soon after that.
[via LG UK Blog]
- LG Optimus Q to Launch with Android 1.6
- LG Launches 2 New Androids In Korea, Another
- LG LU2300 Details Emerge
- LG LU2300 Shows Face, Looks Pretty
TAGS: LG LU2300