Just as soon as I published an article explaining that the HTC EVO 4G for Sprint won’t be able to handle simultaneous voice and data, readers began commenting and linking to an official update on the issue. Sprint has in fact tweeted clarification, claiming the EVO will do voice & data when on Wi-Fi, not when on 3G, and 4G compatibility is still being tested.
That’s DEFINITELY an improvement over the last round of rumors, and the fact that they haven’t shut the door on Voice + 4G data is promising. Hopefully their 4G signal will be strong enough and widespread enough so that a simultaneous connection won’t temporarily “pause” and cause the connection to be terminated. But hey – that’s what the whole “TBD” and “testing” thing are for.
[Thanks to all who commented and sent this in!]
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the HTC EVO 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC EVO 4G