Last month we learned that Verizon Wireless was officially partnering with Skype to bring an unprecedented feature set to mobile phone users in America. Exactly what that would entail? We weren’t told – we were just told some sort of integration would make it all worthwhile and it wasn’t hard to guess the options. Now Skype and Verizon have published an animated infomercial that, while it doesn’t provide full details, gives us a better idea:
Verizon now lists which phones are compatible with their Skype mobile service – I’ve put three Android units all on top and all which work with Skype Mobile:
- Motorola Droid
- Motorola Devour
- HTC Droid Eris
- BlackBerry Curve 8530
- BlackBerry Storm 9530
- BlackBerry Storm 2 9550
- BlackBerry Tour 9630
It looks like instead of trying to get a per/application fee from customers, Skype may have gone the exclusivity route as they’ve pulled their app from several mobile OS app stores. Verizon may have pinned them down for an exclusive deal with a substantial contract – something of which I’m not sure we’ll ever know the details. But most importantly – does that woman’s voice in the above video make anyone else want to poke their eyes out?
- Original Motorola DROID gets new life with fu
- OG Motorola Droid Receives Android 4.0 (Again
- Motorola Droid Tastes Ice Cream Sandwich
- OG Droid Receiving Android 2.2.3 Update with
- Check out the Motorola Droid forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola Devour forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.