Maybe mobile carriers should just start linking to Phandroid instead of posting their own press releases. On August 27th we told you O2 UK customers were already upgrading to the Galaxy, on the 30th we told you it had gone live on the O2 UK site, and now on September 3rd the company has finally gotten around to announcing the Galaxy via Press Release.
My personal favorite part of the Press Release is where they describe 3 popular apps but the 2nd is what I find most hilarious:
- Lightsaber – a fun application that means you can play lightsabers with friends
- Paceman – anyone can play this traditional arcade which is making a cult comeback
With ALL the awesome apps on the Android Market they highlight the fun application that means you can play lightsabers with friends?
Wow they are REALLY buying into this “Android is for nerds” school of thought! But all joking the side, I’ve always enjoyed the looks and specs of the gallery and had hoped it would come to various locations sooner than it has. I’m happy for all the folks in the UK who have access to this Android Phone and hopefully you folks will report back in the Samsung Galaxy Forum about your experience using it.
Here is a quick look at the specs from the Press Release:
I’m still diggin’ the 8GB internal memory, 5MP cam with flash and AMOLED screen… anyone holding out on the Hero in hopes that this hits the states? Until it does – if it does – have fun playing “light sabers” with paper mache swords in your mom’s living room!
- Conan O’Brien brings his comedic genius
- What’s the next phone worth waiting for
- Samsung Galaxy Gets Official Android 1.6 Upda
- Samsung Galaxy Brought Down To Earth, Stuck W
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy