These days we’re starting to see more companies roll out AI-powered features to its products and services, like Google who have introduced various AI tools to some of its products in recent times.
This is why it’s not surprising to see that Meta has also announced a similar effort, where during its Connect event, the company has revealed a bunch of new AI experiences that they will be integrating across its various products and services.
This includes AI stickers which can be used when posting in chats and stories. It seems to be similar in concept to Gboard’s Emoji Kitchen, where users can create custom stickers by using text prompts to allow the AI to generate something unique to them. This will be usable in platforms like WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, and Facebook Stories.
Meta has also announced AI-powered image editing. Instead of users selecting a set of premade filters, users can use text prompts to describe the look and feel that they are hoping to achieve and the AI will generate an edit for them. The AI will also allow users to change the scene and background of an image if you want.
Last but not least, Meta has also announced new AI features for Meta AI, its AI-powered chatbot. This includes a bunch of new “personalities” which allow users to address more niche requests. This is actually pretty interesting, albeit novel, but could make it feel more natural when chatting with an AI-powered assistant.
Meta has hired a bunch of celebrities to provide the voices for these personalities, which includes:
- Charli D’Amelio as Coco, Dance enthusiast
- Chris Paul as Perry, Pro golfer helping you perfect your stroke
- Dwyane Wade as Victor, Ironman triathlete motivating you to be your best self
- Izzy Adesanya as Luiz, Showy MMA prospect who can back up his trash talk
- Kendall Jenner as Billie, No-BS, ride-or-die companion
- LaurDIY as Dylan, Quirky DIY and Craft expert and companion for Gen Z
- MrBeast as Zach, The big brother who will roast you — because he cares
- Naomi Osaka as Tamika, Anime-obsessed Sailor Senshi in training
- Paris Hilton as Amber, Detective partner for solving whodunnits
- Raven Ross as Angie, Workout class queen who balances fitness with meditation
- Roy Choi as Max, Seasoned sous chef for culinary tips and tricks
- Sam Kerr as Sally, Free-spirited friend who’ll tell you when to take a deep breath
- Snoop Dogg as Dungeon Master, Choose your own adventure with the Dungeon Master
- Tom Brady as Bru, Wisecracking sports debater who pulls no punches
These new AI features aren’t publicly available yet. Meta will be rolling these features out in beta and for select users for now, but eventually it should make its way to everyone.