The Samsung Galaxy A31 is a budget smartphone that went official in 2020. It arrived with features like a 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, MediaTek Helio P65 chipset, up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 128GB onboard storage. The triple-camera setup is headlined by a 48-megapixel sensor and the front camera is a 20-megapixel sensor. The battery capacity is 5,000mAh along with 15W wired charging support. The phone even received an upgrade to Android 12 last year.
In this article, we will talk about how you can SIM unlock your Galaxy A31. This will all you to move from your current carrier to another one. The best part is you do not have to follow any complicated steps to unlock SIM card.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A31 for free
Let’s start by answering the question of how to get your Samsung Galaxy A31 SIM unlocked for free. It is a process that is the same for the majority of the carriers. One thing you need to ensure is that you have paid all your dues. This will increase the chances of your carrier approving your application many folds. Some carriers also require you to have spent at least 60 days with the carrier-locked phone before you can be allowed to unlock the SIM.
- Open the dialer app on your Samsung Galaxy A31.
- Dial *#06# and it will show your device’s IMEI number. Note it down somewhere as you will need it.
- Call your carrier’s customer support number and raise a SIM unlock request.
- If you meet all criteria explained above, the customer rep should accept the request and send you SIM unlock code via email. It could take 2-5 days to arrive.
- Insert the SIM from another carrier in your Samsung Galaxy A31 after receiving the code.
- Follow on-screen steps and enter the code when asked for. This should SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy A31 for free.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A31 using paid tools:
If you do not want to go around talking with your carrier and follow the process that usually takes some time, you can go for paid SIM unlocking tools that work relatively faster. You can use any such tool of your choice but we recommend Android SIM Unlock.
- Visit the Android SIM Unlock website and search for Moto G (2022).
- On the device page, enter its IMEI number and your email address. You also need to enter the carrier’s name and country.
- The IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06#.
- Complete the checkout process by making the payment through your preferred method.
- Your SIM unlock code will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- Enter the SIM card from another carrier and follow the on-screen steps. Enter the unlock code when it tells you to.
- This should unlock your Samsung Galaxy A31 instantly.
SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy A31 on T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile
- Find your device’s IMEI number using the methods explained above.
- Find the T-Mobile Device Unlock or MetroPCS Device Unlock service for your phone.
- Enter the IMEI number and complete the checkout process.
- Wait for 1-3 days to receive an email that confirms that the unlocking process is complete.
- Enter the SIM from another carrier and launch the official Device Unlock app.
Tap Permanent Unlock to proceed and you should see the confirmation that your device is now fully unlocked.