Similar to what Apple and Google have done, many years ago, Samsung created and launched their own digital assistant in the form of Bixby. It seemed rather promising at the start, especially when you consider that Bixby was created by some of the same people behind Apple’s Siri digital assistant.
That being said, seeing as how Android users tend to be heavily reliant on Google’s products and services, it didn’t come as a surprise that more Android users ended up favoring Google Assistant over Bixby. While that in itself isn’t an issue, the fact that Bixby is so integrated into Samsung’s devices have made it a little troublesome.
If you love your Samsung phone but aren’t a fan of Bixby, then here’s what you need to do to disable Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. There are currently two different ways of disabling Bixby, one is removing it from the side button, and the other is disabling its wake command.
Remove Bixby from the Galaxy Z Fold 4’s Side Key
- Swipe down from the top of the screen
- Tap the settings icon at the top right corner of the display
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced features
- Tap on Side key
- Under “Press and hold”, make sure “Power off menu” is selected instead of “Wake Bixby”
Turn off Bixby’s wake up command
- Open the Galaxy Z Fold 4’s app drawer and tap on Bixby
- On the floating Bixby bar, tap the compass icon located at the right
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Look for “Voice wake-up” and tap on the toggle to disable it (it will turn grey)
At this point Bixby is effectively disabled on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. While you cannot outright delete Bixby from the phone’s operating system, removing it from the side button and disabling its wake command should more or less make its presence almost non-existent.