The Pixel 2 isn’t as flashy as the Pixel 2 XL, but it may actually be the better Pixel device this year. We’ve already shared our battery life first impressions and a bunch of camera samples. Now, it’s time to get into the tips and tricks. If you just got the Pixel 2 or are thinking of picking one up, here are the first things to do!
One of the unique features of the Pixel 2 is the ability to literally squeeze the phone to launch Assistant. The sides of the phone are sensitive to pressure. It’s a very quick and easy way to talk to Google Assistant.
- Go to Settings > System
- The go to Language, input & gestures > Advanced
- Select Active Edge
- Adjust the squeeze sensitivity to your liking
- Toggle on/off Squeeze for Assistant
- Toggle on/off Allow when screen is off
- Toggle on/off Squeeze for silence