The Pixel 2 isn’t as flashy as the Pixel 2 XL, but it may actually be the better Pixel device this year. We’ve already shared our battery life first impressions and a bunch of camera samples. Now, it’s time to get into the tips and tricks. If you just got the Pixel 2 or are thinking of picking one up, here are the first things to do!
The Pixel 2 has a fingerprint scanner on the back (where it should be). It’s one of the fastest and most reliable fingerprint scanners on the market. You should definitely set it up and use it as your security method. It can also be used for mobile payments and Play Store purchases.
- Go to Settings > Security & location > Pixel Imprint
- If you haven’t already set up a lock screen pattern, PIN, or password, you’ll be asked to set one up
- Tap +Add fingerprint
- Choose which finger to use, touch the scanner until it vibrates, then lift your finger
- Repeatedly touch the scanner until the fingerprint has been successfully recorded
- After you’ve successfully recorded your fingerprint, tap Add Another or Done