The Pixel 2 isn’t as flashy as the Pixel 2 XL, but it may actually be the better Pixel device this year. We’ve already shared our battery life first impressions and a bunch of camera samples. Now, it’s time to get into the tips and tricks. If you just got the Pixel 2 or are thinking of picking one up, here are the first things to do!
One of the nicest features of the Pixel phones is the ability to easily transfer content from an old device. The Pixel 2 comes with an adapter in the box to make this process super easy. All you’ll need is your old phone and the cable that came with it. Depending on your previous phone, here’s what you can restore:
- Android devices can transfer apps, app data, contacts, settings, Google accounts, music, photos, and SMS.
- iOS devices can transfer iCloud events, contacts, iMessage/SMS, music, photos, and videos.
You’ll be prompted to restore data when you’re setting up the phone for the first time.
- Plug the old USB cable into the adapter
- Plug the adapter into the Pixel
- Instructions will pop up on the screen
- Follow the steps to move your stuff