It looks like someone let the cat out of the bag on the HTC U 11 a bit early. It’s not that we didn’t already have a good idea of what to expect from tomorrow’s unveiling, but now we can wage forward with nary a doubt in our mind.
First up: we had a hands-on video, but it was removed faster than we could publish this article. The video wasn’t in English, but that’s OK. He was probably just talking about certain aspects of the phone such as its look and feel.
We already have a pretty good idea of what’s in store in that regard considering it’s following the same formula as the HTC U Play and HTC U Ultra.
The biggest new talking point would be its Edge Sense technology that uses squeeze gestures to perform different actions, such as launching the Google Assistant.
As for the technical bits under the hood, here’s a full spec sheet to sink your teeth into:
HTC U 11 Specs
- 5.5-inch Quad-HD display with 534ppi pixel density and Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Processor
- Adreno 540GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM ( 6GB RAM & 128GB ROM for Chinese Model )
- Up to 2TB Expandable Storage
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 Sensor and f/1.7 aperture.
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Up to 4K video via Rear camera while up to 1080p videos via Front Camera.
- Android 7.1 Nougat with Sense UI
- USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Dual SIM, LTE and More
- Edge Sense Technology and 360-degree Audio Recording
- 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
If HTC has any other surprises by now, they’ve been pretty good about keeping them. All will be told tomorrow.