Samsung Korea has posted a new teaser for the “Next Note.” The video was about as vague as you’d expect it to be for an unannounced device, but they did hint around at a few things to expect from the phone:
- They showed rotary telephones in water, which is a hint that the Galaxy Note 7 will be water resistant as the Galaxy S7 was.
- A girl taking a selfie with a light bulb in her face for lighting suggests some sort of solution for low-light selfies.
- Someone inputting complicated passwords and patterns — perhaps a tease that the iris scanner should help make authentication easier.
- A road sign about a curved road teases an Edge display.
- A highlighter being used to highlight sentences in a book is an obvious nod to the S-Pen.
- When referring to the number of the Next Note, a question mark follows “5.” Samsung is usually never shy about revealing the number, so it’s another confirmation that the device will be called Galaxy Note 7. That number also appeared in the event invitation the company sent out.
At the end of the day, though, it is a vague teaser, and we’ll have to wait for official details before passing anything off as gospel. Thankfully we won’t have long to wait for that as Samsung is making the announcement August 2nd.