Cyanogen OS 12.1 is now rolling out to the OnePlus One! This is probably the biggest update Cyanogen OS is going to get ahead of Marshmallow availability. It brings a ton of great new features and changes you’ll want to get your hands on ASAP.
Here’s everything that’s changing as part of this update (which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, mind you):
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions.
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments.
- Cyanogen Browser: Cyanogen browser delivers search results and loads web sites faster and more securely than leading browsers.
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned for one-handed use.
- Fresh AudioFX: user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices.
- More Playback support: substantially increased our support of codecs for video and audio playback.
That’s a lot to dig into, so be sure to set some time aside later on to play around with all the new goods. Those not on a OnePlus One — including Andromax Q, Yureka, Yureka Plus, and Yuphoria owners — can expect the upgrade to begin seeding into the market in due time, and we’re sure Cyanogen will have specific announcements for those devices when the time comes.