Greetings, everyone. It’s time for another episode of the Android Overload. These are all the articles that passed by our desks from throughout the day, but for one reason or another, never quite made it onto our front page. On most nights, there’s a little something here for everyone. So, those of you that sitll have a hankerin’ for more things Android/mobile, take a look around. See something you like? Let us know.
- 4 year long iPhone user spends 29 days with Android (spoiler: he switches sides). [TheVergeForums]
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 launches in Australia on June 18th. [Ausdroid]
- Huawei Ascend P1 gets priced in Europe for €450. [Amazon.De]
- T-Mobile starts using 2G network to link ice machines (no, really). [GigaOM]
- Rebtel 2.0 now available. Adds tablet support. Free calls over WiFi 3G/4G. [Play Store Link]
- Hundreds of classic MGM TV shows and movies coming to Amazon Prime. [BGR]
- Smartphone users in the UK can now use their phone to withdraw cash at ATMs sans NFC. [BBC]
Thank you for the link to the 29 days with Android, great article.
finally. Give android a go and you become phandroid.
Excellent article!!! I have personally converted 2 family members and 3 friends to android. My family members are enjoying their first android and the friends were ex-iphone users and now swear by android. All for basically the same reasons as quoted in the article. These are the reasons why android will maintain an edge and beat IOS. In my opinion.
I like everything about this, I work for att and against what we are told I talk people out of the iphone every day, I sell more HTC vivids than the 4s ;) Also people that use ical can send an invite to google owners gmails an it will automatically input it into your calendar without even opening the email… There is more functionality between the two than most people would want to believe. (well unless you are the one with the iphone in which case there is none) but all in all 5 star post sir… well done.