Because we believe well informed readers are the best kinds of readers, we placed all of the news stories that didn’t get featured on our front page here — in the Android Overload. This is Android/mobile news purgatory and where you can come to further catch up on all the day’s events. Find some of interest? Be sure to let us know in the comments. Night!
- Google Books for Android gets minor bug fixing update. [Market Link]
- Google Street View comes to Russia. Next? The Great Barrier Reef.
- NEC shows off a trio of Android 4.0 LTE handsets. One that looks like a reverse Sony Tablet P. [TheVerge]
- Texas Instruments’ OMAP5 shown off on YouTube. Runs circles around Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. [YouTube]
- Samsung files for Awaken, Axiom, Heir and Rite trademarks. [Electronista]
- SonyMobile.com goes live. Features support forums for handsets too.
- Samsung Galaxy S II sales hit 20 million worldwide. [SammyHub]
- GetJar begins offering virtual currency to help boost app downloads. [GigaOM]
- T-Mobile loses 802,000 customers. Wont launch LTE until 2013. [AllThingsD]