The HTC U11 is now officially available for purchase and with that — the Galaxy S8 just met its greatest competition yet. While that likely wont make a dent in Galaxy S8 sales (Samsung’s marketing budget is huge), the U11 could be the perfect alternative for those not drinking the Samsung Kool-Aid this year.
I did a quick unboxing with the device which isn’t all that exciting but after playing around the HTC U11 for a good few hours, I got an extremely good first impression. This is what I noticed:
- “Amazing Silver” is actually baby blue. Regretting not getting Radiant Blue.
- It’s surprisingly light weight (lighter than the S8+ because of the smaller battery).
- This thing is fast. Like “blow your mind” kinda fast.
- The camera’s great but multi-evaluative metering ruins some of my shots.
- Speakers are incredibly loud and crisp.
- Back glass is oleophobic, so fingerprints wipe off easier than the S8’s stripped glass.
Stay tuned for more as we bring you tips, tricks, tutorials, and our final HTC U11 review in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you already have your heart set on the phone (I honestly wouldn’t blame you), you can purchase the phone right now from Amazon for $650 (about $80 less than the Galaxy S8).