It’s one of our favorite HTC perks: getting a free bump in cloud storage for doing nothing. Back in the day, you may remember when HTC teamed up with Dropbox for bonus cloud storage after purchasing one of their devices. More recently, it’s Google supplying the cloud storage, offering up a bonus 50GB as part of the “HTC Advantage.”
Today, HTC announced that they’ll now be doubling that number, providing a grand total of 100GB of Google Drive storage on top of whatever you have now. The bonus applies to newer HTC devices like the HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One Remix, HTC Desire 816, or HTC Desire 610.
In case you’re wondering, the additional bump in cloud storage is guaranteed for 2 years, after which you’ll need to pay up or simply make do with Google’s 15GB of free storage. When it comes to other devices, HTC says specific 2013 models (HTC One, HTC Butterfly S, HTC One Mini and HTC Desire 601) get a 25GB increase in Drive storage after upgrading to to Sense 5+ or 6. It’s not much, but better than nothing.
To claim your Google Drive storage, simply open the Google Drive app on your phone and redeem the offer that pops up. Those already enjoying the previous 50GB offer will only see a nice little 50GB bump. Cheers.
- HTC creating camera accessory?
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Moto X 2014 vs the competition
- Check out the HTC One Max forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.