Early September is jam packed with more events than your average person can handle, but add another to the calendar — Motorola has something to show us on September 4th. The company put together a colorfully animated save the date, telling us to “choose” a bunch of things: choose to discover, choose to have fun, and to choose a “new experience.”
We’re sure all that is hinting toward something that we’ll be able to customize via Moto Maker. The Moto X+1, perhaps? Could the Moto G2 also be in store? Will we also be hearing more about the Moto 360? Tons of possibilities.
We can’t say for sure what, exactly, will be on Motorola’s agenda, but the late summer drop date of whatever this announcement turns out to be sure does fit Motorola’s original wishes to reveal their next flagship right around this time. The latest Moto X+1 rumors tell us to expect a device made up of the following internals:
- 5.2-inch 1080p display
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Snapdragon 800 processor
- 12MP rear / 5MP front facing cameras
- 32GB internal storage (with micro SD card slot up to 128GB)
- 2GB RAM
- 2,900mAh battery (26 hours of mixed usage)
- Water resistance
Not quite the “boom, pow, zap!” sort of phone others are sure to come out with in the second half of 2014, but Motorola proved they could provide a top notch experience without having to pack in a ridiculous set of silicon with the original Moto X. Expect them to do the same with the follow-up should it be the star of the show September 4th.
- Moto X+1 hits VZW's computer system
- Moto X+1 to come equipped with Super Camera and optical zoom [RUMOR]
- Brazilian retailer shows leather option for Moto X+1, outs Moto G2 specs too
- Moto X+1 press renders leaked
- Check out the Motorola Moto X+1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Moto X+1, Motorola Moto X+1