Xiaomi has been drumming up to the release of their latest flagship for quite some time, but it’s time for the full wraps to come off: the Xiaomi Mi 4 has been officially unveiled. This device is quite the looker for the low price points of $320 and $400 for 16GB and 32GB respectively. Here’s why:
- Stainless steel frame with “unbelievable craftsmanship & polish”
- Snapdragon 801 chipset and 3GB RAM
- 16/64GB internal storage
- 5-inch 1080p IPS display
- - 13MP rear camera f1.8 with real-time HDR and 4K video recording
- - 8MP front camera f1.8
- - 3080mAh internal battery
- - UMTS & TDD-LTE support (international FDD-LTE availability TBA)
Whew. The device will also feature swappable backplate options for those who want to show off their sense of style. You’ll be getting the standard black backplate by default, but options will range from wooden and fur patterns to exotic reptilian skins. Don’t expect Moto X-like quality (otherwise we’re sure Hugo Barra would have made a bigger deal about these swappable backplates) but they sure do look nice.
If you are someone who doesn’t mind importing goods that likely won’t see widespread availability then this certainly sounds like one to look out for. Unfortunately we get no early details on software and features, but it would be a bad bet to suggest it’s running the latest version of MIUI atop some version of Android 4.4 KitKat. We’ll have to fish for more information in the moments to come, but there it all is laid out on the table. Thinking about grabbing one?
- MIUI v6 is here
- The PhanBot Bluetooth speaker
- Phandroid News app goes Material Design
- River & Woods Wallpaper
- Check out the Xiaomi Mi 4 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Xiaomi Mi 4