We aren’t quite ready to see 2014’s Mini variants considering the devices they’re based on haven’t fully launched yet, but it’s always nice hearing about them in advance. This time, the rumored Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini — the existence of which was almost guaranteed if you’re going based on trends of the past few years — has had an early spec leak.
The folks at SamMobile have it on good authority that the device, which reportedly sports the model number SM-G800, will be comprised of the following internals:
- 4.5-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED display
- Snapdragon Processor (Snapdragon 400?)
- 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage
- 8MP rear camera with 2MP front camera
- 2,100mAh battery
- IR Blaster
- IP67 certification for waterproof and dust proof
- Android 4.4 KitKat
It’s been easy to write off most Mini variants as OEMs have a history of stuffing aged internals inside of them. It looks like Samsung wants to keep their latest concoction somewhere within the 21st century, though, and we’re definitely glad about that.
Unfortunately that’s the length of our knowledge, as details about potential release dates and pricing have yet to be revealed. We imagine it won’t arrive for a couple of months after the Galaxy S5’s planned mid-April launch, though, so “Summer” is a safer bet than any.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini official
- Galaxy S5 Mini (Dx) full frontal leak
- Galaxy S5 Mini leaked?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 “confirmed” spe
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini