ASUS has just announced plans to bring the upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat and the newest version of their Zen UI to several of their tablet and phone devices. The list isn’t terribly long, though we imagine ASUS isn’t done evaluating their plans for the entirety of their portfolio. Look straight ahead for the official list, including the regions they’re going out in and the time frames you can expect them:
- ASUS Padfone 2 (Q2 2014)
- ASUS Padfone Infinity in Russia and Asia (Q2 2014)
- ASUS Padfone A80 in Europe (Q2 2014)
- All other new PadFone Infinity models (Q3 2014)
Unfortunately that’s all we know for now, though the Taiwanese company did promise to share more accurate release date information as we get closer to these respective windows. We also don’t have a clue what the upgrades will add on the ASUS side of things, though everything from the base KitKat upgrade — including NFC host card emulation, SMS and home-screen management, and more — should be standard affair.
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One M8 receives Android 4.4.3 on T-Mobile
- AT&T Moto X gets Android 4.4.4, Sprint model receives soak test
- Check out the ASUS Padfone 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ASUS Padfone Infinity forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.